How Library and Learning Resources can help you
How can the library help me with employability?
This guide will help with:
- Finding books and journals related to managing your career
- Finding company information for interviews and applications
- Advice on managing your social media presence and on keeping up-to-date with business-relevant information.
It also makes explicit the relationship between information literacy and the employment attributes that you will have developed during your time at the university.
As a BCU student you are working towards becoming a professional graduate at the end of your degree and beyond. This journey will be accompanied by the Graduate+ programme. Graduate+ is a three level award programme which will record a range of activities and events in addition to your degree programme. The Graduate+ award will help you identify and reflect on what you do so that you can promote yourself with confidence. Remember, Graduate+ is about YOU and more importantly for YOU!
Graduate Plus focuses on four key employability attributes which characterize a BCU graduate and which were outlined in the University's Academic Plan:
- being a creative problem solver (creative and critical thinking; active problem solving; risk management; decision-making; negotiating and influencing; and putting theory into practice);
- being enterprising (positive attitude and outlook; using initiative; leadership of people and of projects; perseverance and motivation; flexible and adaptable to change; networking);
- having a global outlook (moral & ethical awareness; social and environmental awareness; self-awareness; integrity; commercial awareness; resilience and tenacity);
- being professional and work-ready (digital literacy; communication skills; teamwork and collaboration; planning and organizational skills; time management and working under pressure; conflict resolution).
SCONUL Employability Resources
BCU Careers+ and Graduate+ offer excellent events to help boost your employability skills.
Upcoming examples include:
- CVs, cover letters and applications
- Work experience, volunteering and job fairs
Students can find out more about these events and book a place by visiting this website.
Try This Book ...
Some images and illustrations used in BCU LibGuides are reproduced with kind permission of Getty Images UK under the terms of an exclusive license agreement between BCU and Getty Images. All such licenced material is owned by © Thinkstock and/or its image partners and are protected by United States copyright laws, international treaty provisions and other applicable laws. Thinkstock and its content providers retain all rights to these images not expressly granted within this license.